In this post, we will provide easy to execute instructions on how to reconnect a Netgear WiFi range extender to your existing home WiFi network. The range extender must have previously connected to your main wireless router and obtained a valid IP address.
Steps to reconnect a Netgear wireless range extender through Ethernet:
- Connect your Netgear range extender to your computer or laptop with an Ethernet or USB cable.
- Launch a web browser.
- Type mywifiext.net into your internet browser’s address bar.
- Press Enter.
- When mywifiext.net login page displays enter the username and password by default or that you chose during Netgear WiFi extender setup process.
- Now, click on Log In, Select Setup and after that, choose the Wireless Settings option.
- After that, under Security Option, you have to verify that the value in the Password field matches perfectly with your existing WiFi router password. In case the password does not match, then you are supposed to change it so that it matches with your router password.
- Click apply and reconnect your WiFi devices to the Netgear WiFi range extender.
Note: In case you forgot your admin details and want to recover your them, then perform a factory reset on my your Netgear device. For more assistance, give us a call on our toll-free number 1-888-674-6890 and discuss with us whatever issues you are facing.
Steps to perform a factory reset on a Netgear WiFi Range Extender
To reset your Netgear range extender using the Reset button:
- Make sure that your range extender’s Power light is on.
- Locate the extender’s Factory Reset button. The button can easily be found on the back, bottom, or side panel of your device.
- Use a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for a few seconds.
Fab! Your extender resets successfully.
To reset your Netgear range extender using its web interface (applicable on some models):
- Log in to your Netgear device via mywifiext.
- If your internet browser displays the Menu icon, click on it.
- When the extender menu displays, select Settings after that, other and then Reset.
- Confirm your decision when a confirmation screen appears.
- And the extender resets successfully.
If the issue still persists while resetting your device, then we insist you call as soon as possible.
Steps to reconnect a Netgear WiFi range extender through WiFi:
- Push the factory reset hole on your range extender. Hold it for a few seconds. Once you see that the LED lights on your device have started blinking, release the button.
- When your range extender resets, open your computer or laptop’s WiFi menu and connect to the extender’s default WiFi network i.e. NETGEAR_EXT.
- Launch an internet browser on your connected device (computer or laptop).
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the address bar field of your web browser.
- Hit Enter and when the login page displays enter the username and password (default).
- Click on Log In and follow the prompts to reconnect your Netgear range extender to your existing home WiFi network.
Note: If your main wireless router uses WEP security, then you are supposed to enter its network name (SSID) and password (passphrase) when prompted.
Reconnect your WiFi devices to the smart Netgear wireless range extender.
Mywifiext not Working? Try this out
- Make sure that your router and the range extender is placed within reach of each other.
- Make sure that your router is placed within the reach of existing modem.
- Make sure that all the mentioned devices are up-to-date by the latest version of technology.
- Make sure that your range extender is properly plugged into an electric wall socket and receiving live and active internet signals coming out of the main WiFi router.
- Make sure that you are using a load-free, relevant, and up-to-date web browser to access mywifiext.net setup page.
If you still cannot Open mywifiext.net, then
- Make use of the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250 instead of the web URL.
- Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Restart your PC.
- Opt for another web browser.
- Connect your range extender and PC with each the help of an Ethernet cable.
If you still cannot access your Netgear range extender, contact us “the solution partner of Netgear”.