AC2200-Nighthawk (EX7500) X4S tri-band WiFi range extender enhance your existing home WiFi so that you can enjoy the high-speed internet every poor connectivity areas of your home.
Unlike other range extenders, Netgear Nighthawk X4S keeps the same WiFi name (SSID) and password (passphrase) secure.
So, go with Netgear wifi extender setup process and enjoy seamless internet connectivity like never before. Roam freely room-to-room while streaming online video/ movies or you can also do a video call without interruption.
Installation of Netgear WiFi Range Extender
- Place your Netgear extender.
- Supply power.
- Connect it to your main WiFi network.
To place your range extender and supply the power:
- Place it in the same room as your existing WiFi router. This placement is only for the setup process.
- Plug in your range extender.
- Wait for the LED light on it to illuminate solid blue.
- In case it doesn’t light up, simply push the power button.
Note: In order to extend the range of your existing WiFi network, you are supposed to connect Nighthawk X4S tri-band WiFi mesh extender to the existing WiFi network.
You can connect your range extender in one of the two simplest ways
- Connect through WPS.
- Connect through web browser setup.
To use WiFi-Protected Setup to connect your EX7500 Nighthawk (AC2200) range extender to your main WiFi router:
- On your Netgear extender, push the WPS button once.
The WPS LED light on your device will blink
- Press the WPS button on your main router as well.
- When your Netgear extender connects to the existing WiFi network, the WPS LED on your Netgear device will illuminate solid blue.
- If the router link power lights flash a blue color, then it means that the connection between your main router and the range extender is good.
- In case the router Link power lights flash a red color, then you have to move your extender closer to the existing router and try again later after a few minutes.
- If your main router supports 2.4 GHz band, only, then your range extender will connect to the router’s 2.4 GHz band only.
- In case your router supports the 5 GHz band, then your Netgear device will connect to the router’s 5 GHz band only.
- Moreover, if your router supports both the 2.4 and 5 GHz band, then simply repeat the very first step.
Now, you can unplug your range extender and move it to a new location. The location should be about halfway between your main router and the area with a poor connectivity.
Note: The location you choose to place your router shouldn’t exceed the range of your existing router.
To connect your range extender using web browser setup
- Grab a computer or a laptop.
- Connect it with your range extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Also, make sure that your range extender and the router are also connected with each other.
- Now, on your WiFi-enabled device (computer or laptop), pull up a WiFi connection manager.
- Locate and connect to Netgear_Ext.
- After that, load-up a relevant and up-to-date web browser.
- Enter mywifiext.net in its URL bar.
Note: If you cannot open mywifiext.net, use the default IP address of your device i.e. 192.168.1.250 and access the mywifiext.net login page easily.
Netgear Genie Setup page displays
- Hit the New Extender Setup button and complete the fields on the displayed page.
- Once done, click on Next.
- Select your main router’s WiFi network and click on Next.
- Enter the router’s existing WiFi network password in the password field, and click on Next.
- Set the SSID and passphrase for your range extender and click on Next.
- Connect all your WiFi-enabled devices with the range extender and enjoy the extended range in every corner of your house.
- Click on Continue and when a message displays confirming that your range extender is connected successfully, click on next.
Unplug your Netgear device and move it to your desired location.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your range extender.
If you want more help in setting up your device or wanna get instant mywifiext.net setup success, then simply dial 1-888-674-6890.
It will be our pleasure to help you.