Welcome to the new article section of Netgear range extender. Here today we will be going to discuss the demystify step-by-step procedure on how to setup Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender and update it with the latest 18.104.22.168 firmware version.
Netgear regularly after a period of time keep on releasing the new firmware versions to enhance the product performance and add new advanced features. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to update your Netgear EX2700 extender firmware version.
Netgear WiFi Range Extender Firmware Update Steps
It is considered mandatory to update the firmware version of your Netgear extender device before proceeding for new extender setup. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch a web browser from your computer that is connected with the extender’s network.
Your home router and EX2700 extender might have different WiFi network SSID names. Verify it before you connect it with your extender’s network.
- Try to log in to your extender by visiting www.mywifiext.net URL.
- Your browser will display the Menu icon. Hit on it.
- To access the firmware page:
On most models, tap on Settings, then Firmware Update. If you don’t find that option, select Maintenance and then tap on Firmware upgrade.
- Tap on Check Online or Check option.
- If any new firmware version is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update it with firmware version.
Now as we are here done with the range extender firmware version update process. Now it’s time to step ahead for Netgear extender setup procedure.
Netgear N2700 Range Extender Setup Steps
- Place your Netgear WiFi range extender close to your existing WiFi router.
- Ensure that you have an active and live Internet connection.
- Plug your Netgear EX2700 extender into an electric power supply outlet and wait for few seconds for the Power LED to turn into solid. Somehow, the power LED does not light up, press the ON/OFF button present on the range extender.
- Now connect your desktop or laptop to the Netgear N2700 extender either using an Ethernet cable or wireless connection.
- Once the network connection in between both the devices has been successfully established, the Device Link LED will automatically become stable.
- Open any of your preferred web browser on your connected desktop or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar and hit the Enter key.
- You will land on the Netgear extender login page.
- Now, you will be asked for the Netgear extender default login credentials.
- Click on the Continue button to execute the Netgear extender setup process.
- Wait for a few minutes to scan your WiFi network.
- It will show the list of available WiFi networks and that are active within the Netgear extender range.
- Select the home WiFi network and hit on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the WiFi security passphrase key.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Unplug your Netgear range extender and place it your preferred location. Make sure it is placed in between your existing router and the dead zone to acquire uninterrupted Internet signal.
If you are still struggling with the Netgear new extender setup and firmware update after following the aforementioned measures, feel free to get the instant Netgear extender support from highly experienced and talented technical experts. Share your queries with us through comments. We try to assist you with the best resolution in minimum time.